With BlazeMeter’s Mobile Recorder technology, you can easily record and create test scenarios for your mobile app even when using a secure connection. The mobile recorder works with both mobile browsers and native mobile apps.
What's more, you won't need to jailbreak your device or install any additional software on your phone or computer.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Login to your BlazeMeter account.
- Go to mobile recorder URL: http://a.blazemeter.com/app/recorder/index.html
- Now you need to create a proxy server, so click ‘Create Proxy’
On the left panel, you should be able to see all your proxy settings.
- It’s now time to configure your phone. It doesn’t matter what type of device you have as the Mobile Recorder works on all Android and iOS phones and tablets.
- Make sure your WIFI connection is turned on. Go to your phone’s ‘Settings’, go to 'WIFI' and click on your local WIFI network. Check 'show advanced options' and go to the HTTP Proxy.
- You’ll now be asked to enter data for the server and the port. Here’s where you need to look at the proxy settings we provided earlier. For the server, enter the text displayed in the current proxy field - but don’t include the number at the end. Enter this number in the ‘port’ field.
- Open your mobile browser and enter the following URL: http://bz. You should see various devices, including Android and Apple, on your screen. Select the one that you’re using.
- Install the certificate & give it a name
- Once it’s verified, go back to your computer and click that big red button at the bottom of your screen.
Congrats! You’re now recording your activity.
Go back to your phone and start using your native app or browsing the URLs you want to test. The Recorder should start showing all the captured requests.
Once you’ve done this, press ‘Pause’. Don’t click the ‘Stop’ button on the left panel....yet! This should only be done when you’re 100% finished.
Great! You have your recording. Now you need to decide what to do with it. You have three options:
- Export it as a JMeter .jmx file. Edit if necessary and run your load test.
- Export it as a JSON file. Again, you can edit it before running your test.
- Export it as a URL list to instantly create a URL test. Just export it, go to the BlazeMeter app and start running your test.
- Export it as a "Smart JMX".
Don’t forget to disable the proxy after running your test. To do this, go back to your mobile settings, select your wifi network and click ‘Off’.
And that’s all there is to it! If you have any questions, please mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org